Saturday, May 30, 2009

"Its a small world after all"



I can't believe it, I've been confirming bookings and organizing dinner reservations for the last week and a half and I still don't believe it.... In August we are jumping on a plane in Halifax and heading off to....ORLANDO, FL. If you don't know what is in Orlando I will break it down for you in one word...okay two words.

WALT DISNEY WORLD....dang that was three words.

It took longer than I anticipated to decide on the Resort - there are so many to choose from, and of course since it is Disney it all comes down to the amount of $$$ you want to spend and how close you want to be to the Magic Kingdom.

After crunching the numbers and all the perks associated with each resort Hughie and I decided on Walt Disney's Polynesian Resort. We are on the Monorail course with direct access to all 4-theme parks and the best thing is that we can lay out on our beach (yep we have a beach..it is a Polynesian Resort - you just can't swim in the lake as there is no lifeguards on duty) and watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks at 10pm nightly and they pipe the music from the Magic Kingdom into the speakers outside, so you can enjoy the fireworks without the crowds! Although I think in order to have the full effect you have to be in front of the Castle at least once throughout the trip.

I am definitely looking forward to Space & Thunder Mountain, The Haunted Mansion and of course the Tower of Terror!...Well, in all honesty I'm looking forward to being there in general...I could hardly contain my excitement when we booked the initial tickets. I honestly don't know what was more nerve wracking booking the tickets or keeping everything hush hush until it was all booked!

I've been reading everything I can get my hands on with respect to Walt Disney. From tips on Rainy Weather to tips on how to get the most of out of your Dining Plan. [Dining Plan is one breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner per person per night of your stay - it was an added perk that the Disney Resorts have this year as long as you book after August 16th to December 31st]. I look forward to figuring out how much we save.

A few good tips:

*Place camera and/or any electric items in a ziploc bag to keep out rain
*If sneakers get wet place papertowel in them to soak up the wetness
*Scotchguarding Backpack will help make them rainproof
*Beer Day @ Epcot (Try a beer at each of the countries ) - Just make sure you drink water in between. Great way to see all the countries and enjoy an "Adult" day.
*Don't turn on the television to check weather in am - it eats up valuable time (check it after you get back in the evening for the next day)
*Download Disney tunes to listen to while you fly to Disney
*Bring single Crystal Lite to add to water to give it a bit of a zing, as the water isn't the tastiest.

The countdown has officially started. Watch Eeyore as the countdown progresses!

No comments: