Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tis’ the season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting kissed under the mistletoe or in the snow?       

Well since I live in the Arctic where you couldn’t find a piece of Mistletoe if your life depended on it. I would say snow.  (Did you know that Mistletoe can be used as poison)

Santa or Rudolph?:
They come as a pair, no choosing.

Stocking or presents?:
I love stockings as you never know what could be hiding in the very bottom.

Egg nog or hot cider?:
Both, however I prefer my nog with some Rye or Rum; although I’m in Kugaaruk so neither is available.

Decorating the tree or putting lights on the outside?:
I love decorating the tree, with Christmas Carols playing in the background with an open box of chocolate nuts.

Snow ball fight or snowman?:
Snow is only snowball/man snow here in Kugaaruk very very early in the winter..September.  So neither at the moment. I’ll just have to make due with Frosty the Snowman.

Open presents quick or slow?:
As a kid I dived under the tree with my brother & sister and went crazy, I’m now more refined and we take turns opening our gifts.

Fake tree or Real tree?:
I grew up with a fake tree and it was awesome but my husband has since converted me to a Real tree and you can’t beat that smell.

Red and White Candy Canes or Colorful Candy Canes?:
Well since we bought Sour Watermelon, Sour Peach and Peppermint candy canes, I will say “All of the above”

Get up early or sleep in late?:
Depends on what time we get to sleep

Old Christmas Movies or New ones?:
Love them all, nothing beats the classics: Scrooge & Miracle on 34th Street…but I love The Santa Clause & Elf

The Grinch movie or Elf movie?:
Both but as I said above, I love to watch the ELF movie, it is our Christmas Eve Tradition

 White Lights or Colored Lights?:
I prefer white lights on a house, and colored lights on a tree, as long as they don’t blink or flash.

Do you put up a Christmas tree?:
It is on its way from Nova Scotia!

If so is it fake or real?:
As real as a Nova Scotia tree can be!

Do you put lights on the tree?:
yes – last year we had a Vancouver Canuck colored tree.

 How about popcorn and cranberries?:
Nope, the dogs would be snacking.

Christmas Movie?:
I’m a sucker for them all.

Christmas Song?:
Winter Wonderland 

When do you open your gifts?:
Around 1 or 2 in the afternoon, after the Turkey is in the oven.

Do you like wrapping gifts?:
I’m addicted to Christmas bags, I dread wrapping presents.

Do you make Christmas treats?:
yup, I love baking

--------------------------------------------------------

No comments: