Monday, November 16, 2009

Gingerbread

I didn’t see the sun rise today, however, as I look out my kitchen window I can just see the dim glow over our ‘mountain’ as the sun sets.  It is a blustery-snowy typical day here in Kugaaruk with one main difference, it isn’t –20.  I was able to take the dogs for a walk today in just my pants, no long-johns or ski-pants.  I enjoy the extra freedom, although jumping in the snow with Chakotay and Sekaya tends to be a little on the chilly side.

We are now more than half way through November.  Christmas is sneaking up on us faster and faster.  I have officially finished most of my shopping, although like I said in my last post I still have a couple more presents to go.  I wish I could make my days go faster, I love December and the Christmas season.  All the presents around the tree and the Christmas carols & cartoons on the television.  It is hard to be glum about the lack of sunlight when you have Frosty learning life lessons in his feature film “Frosty the Snowman”. 

In order to boost my Christmas spirit I ordered a Gingerbread House Kit from http://www.londondrugs.ca.  The rule of thumb if you want to order from London drugs is to make sure you first don’t go over 10lbs (shipping up to 10lbs is $29.99 – Over 10lbs is $39.99). The second rule of thumb is to use up your 10lbs of shipping weight to make it worth while to pay that shipping fee. They have a vast collection of Christmas Treats.  So I managed to wrangle Hughie into the chair and let him go shopping.  I’m not a huge Christmas Candy fanatic however Hughie is.  So with my Gingerbread House Kit we purchased the mandatory Christmas Nerds, Mint Christmas M&Ms and a few other things.  They also have a Christmas Decoration section, however most items are breakable.  If you do wish to look at their site, look at it daily as some products that “are not available at this moment for online purchase” do come available.

I’m just biding my time before I start decorating my house, now that Remembrance day is past I can officially start humming Christmas Carols.  I am even becoming antsy to wrap Christmas presents, and I HATE wrapping presents…. I know..surprising considering I’m a huge Christmas fanatic.

I’ve recently ordered a couple of presents through different sites that I normally wouldn’t.  Once they come in I will be sure to add my thoughts and opinions on their shipping and handling.  Until then…

No comments: