Monday, February 2, 2009

Just like sand thru the hour glass...

These are the days of my life..

I haven't done a massive update in quite sometime, basically because I didn't want to jinx our vacation plans. However, since we have bought our official "we are leaving kugaaruk" tickets I plan on telling you a bit about it. We are approved for our IPA from March 1-30, 2009. We are quite looking forward to hanging out with our friends & family as well as with Mr. and Mrs. Smirnoff & Keiths. We have pretty much planned out our trip except for a few minor details that encompass the last two weeks. I'm not sure what has me more excited, the fact that I'm going to be able to walk thru Chapters with a Grande Non-Fat Latte or the fact that I can add Baileys to that same coffee and walk around Chapters. Hughie and I have been doing a list of items that we want to pick up, lol..CDs, DVDs, BLU RAY....books..I suppose we should start a "necessity" list ontop of the one we already started. I can't get my hopes up to much, as our trip could and may be delayed due to weather, mechanical or because the pilot is feeling a tad bit sleepy... all could be very good reasons to not fly from Yellowknife to Kugaaruk.

We are still on the fence where to put Chakotay & Sekaya, apparently no one returns emails that are sent to them, I suppose they may have dialup speeds and that would be a valid reason why. I'm not extremly concern yet though, we still have the backup plan of Seneca in Winnipeg; I just didn't want them to fly that far, last time it took them days to recoop.

Dyson..no we didn't get a new puppy (Yet..) but we did get a new Dyson Roller Ball Vacuum cleaner that is the most beautiful rusty orange I ever did see. Boy can that machine suck. It whips thru my dog hair like there was none ever evident on my floors, bed, couch and of course under the couch. I'm so impressed I've been vacuuming daily; and unfortunately I will admit that I get just as much hair in my bin as I did the day before, huskies...they shed like crazy!

We had our first power outage the other morning, Saturday. I was laying in bed and being the light sleeper I am I woke at the sound of our firealarm going BEEP...I laid in bed for a few more moments wondering if the place was burning down, and when I didn't hear the sound go off again, I figured it was safe and I cocoon'd back down into the covers....after a few moments I realized how quiet my house was no furnace, hotwater tank and the biggest sound barrier my humidifier was QUIET; apparently this outtage was a planned outtage and they announced it on the radio at noon all week. I really should tune in a little more frequently; but most of the time I don't understand a word they are saying so my lack of participation in the noontime radio channel is just.

Just call me "QUEENIE" I am the Queen (at least this week) of Kugaaruk Poker; I won!! $50.00 (Which is basically a bunch of banana's and a 4 litre of milk) on Saturday evening. I went thru players like Steven, Hughie, Gord, Betty and Mike! I swindled and cheated and played some damn good hands - although I did have some luck on my side; I was getting flushes on the river the whole night!
A little toot to my horn, I made some of the best banana muffins Saturday night along with some (boxed) naniamo squares for Hughie.

There has been some interesting quiz's going on in the facebook world, but I'm not a fan of letting all my friends see my responses so I will leave you with this one on my blog.
==================================
One word responses:

1. Where is your cell phone? Oblivion
2. Your significant other? Crime-fighting
3. Your hair? Multi-colored (BAH!)
4. Your mother? Loving
5. Your father? Supportive
6. Your favorite? Caffine
7. Your dream last night? Concealed
8. Your favorite drink? Coffee
9. Your dream/goal? Animal-Rescuer
10. What room you are in? Kitchen
11. Your hobby? Reading
12. Your fear? Deep-water
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Maritimes
14. Where were you last night? Home
15. Something that you are not? Insane
16. Muffins? Banana
17. Wish list item? Jeep
18. Where you grew up? House
19. Last thing you did? Bathroom
20. What are you wearing? Toque
21. Your TV? Big
22. Your pets? Snoozing
23. Friends? Loyal
24. Your life? Love-It
25. Your mood? Joyful
26. Missing some one? Yep
27. Car? Nameless
28. Something you're not wearing? Watch
29. Your favorite store? Clothes
30. Your favorite color? Brown
31. When is the last time you laughed? Yesturday
32. Last time you cried? Unknown
33. Who will resend this? Unspecified
34. One place that I go to over and over? Co-op
35. One person who texts me regularly? Sad
36. My favorite place to eat? Kitchen
37. My favorite food? Chicken

No comments: