Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time stood still for just a few moments when

Obama became the President of the United States of America

I felt the need to post on this, a day that will be written in the history books of all American children; the United States of America have a new President, Barack Obama. I can't help but wonder if he will be able to make the changes needed for all of North America to overcome the darkness that has been shadowing the Economic world for the past numerous month. Hopefully he will be able to make the changes that he has promised Americans. I read a post somewhere that they are saying Obama is the next JFK. Those are big shoes to fill; hopefully he will live up to the expectations! However, for today let him enjoy his first day in office with his wife and children.

==================================

Meanwhile, in Kugaaruk we have been going thru what I would like to call a "heatwave". Last night at 11:00pm there was nice fluffy snowflakes falling with a warm tempature of -14. There wasn't a puff of wind to be felt. The air smelled so fresh and cool; I took off my hood and just let the snow billow around my face. It is moments like these that make me proud that I'm living in Kugarruk.

No comments: