Friday, February 13, 2009

Mounds and Mounds of CHOCOLATE

FUDGY FUDGE BROWNIES
A chocolate lovers delight!
Brownies:

1 1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs
2 c.
sugar
3/4 c. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and walnuts. Mix well. Set aside.
In large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla. Beat with wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in dry ingredients; mix well. Spread batter evenly in 13 X 9 inch pan.

Bake in 350ºF oven for about 25 minutes. Do not overbake. Brownies are ready when edges are just set and center is still soft.

Cool on wire rack.
(Directions & Ingredients taken from http://www.cooks.com)

I figured I would start out tempting your taste buds, as I type the above mentioned the brownie(s) are cooking along nicely, with a nice chocolate icing in the fridge waiting for the warm brownies to be cooled. However, with the topic being Chocolate, I thought I would tell you about this new crazy idea I read and saw pictures about.

Chocolate Buffett! Apparently it is a true thing, a buffett made with and only items including chocolate, ice cream, cheese cakes and tarts etc etc etc; where is this unknown entity at...VANCOUVER at the SUTTON HOTEL where Hughie and I just so happened to book for three nights while we are away on vacation! Now I'm tempting to try the chocolate buffett but I know I'm going to have to put in at least 5km of walking the day before and day after just to justify it. I wonder if they just let you stare at the items....that could be a possibility.

I can't believe how close we are to being on vacation; it seems like only yesturday we arrived in Kugaaruk and we are off on our first IPA already.
Tonight should be a good evening, we are having Stephen over for supper; where the Brownies will be turned into Brownie Sundaes with the help of pecan/caramel soft serve and cones for dessert, Lasagna will cover the main course then after supper is all said and done, and the dishes are put to soak we are heading over to the Hamlet building where they are having sort of a contest for best product: Sewing, weaving, knitting, carving & painting. I'm hoping there will be stuff to buy or at least know who is good in town to buy from.

Well my timer is about to go off, I wish you all could smell the warm chocolate fumes wafting from my oven.

No comments: