Monday, February 23, 2009

1..2..3..4..5...........

6 MORE DAYS TO PACK
6 MORE DAYS TIL VACATION
6 MORE DAYS UNTIL TIM HORTON'S
6 MORE DAYS ......


How am I ever going to finish packing in only 6 days. I've started 3 days ago, just taking the odd little shirt or skirt and putting it in my suitcase, and now the more I pack the more I want to pack and the more I want to pack, I draw a blank on what I really need to pack. It is a vicious circle.

We got about 75% of our vacation planned out, we are still up in the air about the final 2 weeks and police curling. They still don't have an official team for the Nu/Yk/NWT. There are 4 people however, I'm leaning towards a big No considering there is less than a month to get leave approved and money for the plane/hotel/food. Although, you never know; we could be in Newfoundland for 9 days at the end of March. I wouldn't mind too much, I have yet to party it up on George Street.

Not much else to report in Kugaaruk; things have been relatively _____ lately. I think the big reason why is that there isn't a lot of money floating around the town as there was before Christmas. Things are starting to dry up..HOPEFULLY...but I may have just cursed it...or I suppose everyone could be just saving it up for the big hockey tournament that is going to be here sometime in March, teams from all around the region are flying it (18 & over). Would have been great to watch; but I prefer to watch my Vancouver Canucks! Hughie played in a poker tournament on Saturday; he came 16th out of 30th. Half the proceeds going towards the hockey tournament - he was quite happy with his placing considering until we moved up here he never played poker seriously before.

I think these will be the longest 6 days! Like the final 6 days til Christmas......

No comments: