Monday, February 16, 2009

Another page in the next chapter

It is another crisp beautiful Kugaaruk day. The sun is blaring over the hills at such an intensity you would almost think it was "warm" outside. Alas, it is not. It is still quite cold here; although when you are sitting inside your nice warm house you sort of loose yourself in your imagination, that the sun is truly warm and the air is hot and dry. Then you walk over to the window and see the snow and the ice haze in the distant... It is only then you realize your imagination is definitely working overtime.

I'm counting down the days until our first IPA (12 more) we officially have the first leg of our vacation figured out. I just wish we would get the second half just as organized although that is pretty much out of our hands at the moment and you all know how much I hate when I can't organize things! I didn't realize how close our IPA was officially until Corey got back from his last night.

Chakotay and Sekaya are officially flying with us to Seneka in Winnipeg. Although, we did find them a kennel in Yellowknife but with March break on at the end of the month; they are booked solid and have been solid since last March break. So come August, and every other trip we take (as long as they can be booked in) we will be taking them to Great Slave Lake Animal Hospital - they have a kennel/boarding fascility behind the actual vet clinic that allows for indoor/outdoor kennels. I was impressed by the receptionist and she basically explained everything about the kennels including how and when they open the doors for feedings and the amount of time the dogs are allowed outdoors in the winter. Very impressed I was.

However, like you all know our dogs are our fur-kids; we would do anything necessary to make sure they are well taken care of. We will actually breath a bit easier knowing they are somewhere that treats them extrememly well this vacation, and Seneca provides them with everything they need and more (8pm cookie time..haha)

A sad story I heard today, an (off-duty) Mountie and his two young children have passed away in Oromocto due to a vehicle accident. I definitely feel for his family both immediate and his RCMP family. May they all rest in peace.
At least he got to walk his children into heaven - how many parents get to do that.

Now that I depressed you all, I will leave you with a bit of fun facts about ME!

TEN HOW'S:

How did you get one of your scars?
I have a few little tiny scars on my hands and arms due to my sister and her set of pinchers! She was known for them around the school yard; and she had a mean bite too.

How did you celebrate your last birthday?
With my husband and Chicken Nacho's while drinking beer trying to ease into my 30th year.

How are you feeling at this moment?
Excited that my IPA is in less than two weeks.

How did your night go last night?
Canucks over Montreal and had Corey over for supper.

How did you do in high school?
I was average; did what I had to do - it has been so long I really can't recall many details.

How did you get the shirt you're wearing?
I bought it at Cabella's in Minnesota while in North Dakota.

How often do you see ur best friend?
I see my husband & huskies daily.

How much money did you spend last month?
The usual Visa & student loan payments; and did some online chapter purchases.

How old do you want to be when you get married?
Since I'm already married - I was 29

How old will you be at your next birthday?
31

NINE WHAT'S:

Your Dogs name?
Chakotay
Sekaya
My PEI dog is Kelly.

What did you do last weekend?
Valentines day! Made Hashbrown Casserole and Cheesecake and was on the receiving end of some nice Victoria Secret items and ROSES!!!! (Yes Roses in the great white north)

What is the most important part of your life?
Family, Happiness & Health

What would you rather be doing?
Nothing I'm very content with my life; although I have a sink full of dishes

What did you last cry over?
I blubber over tv shows so often, I really can't tell you the last one.

What always makes you feel better when you’re upset?
Cleaning and I'm the queen at the silent treatment.

What’s the most important thing(s) you look for in a significant other?
Trust, Humour, Communication

What are you worried about?
Our flight(s) to Winnipeg and the possibilty of delays and storms. Stuff that I really have no control over.

What did you have for breakfast?
I had a glass of water, coffee & Craisins

There ya have it folks, another informative blog entry. I promise things will pick up as I detail my vacation; keep tuned into my facebook profile for picture updates.

No comments: