Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Packers become Movers

I’m exhausted, drug out and rung through the ringer, and all I did yesterday was run 5K and watch packers = pack my house.  I didn’t lift a finger or offer up any lifting help – I just sat down and offered them coffee and cookies every couple of hours. (Well once an hour for three hours).  I love to move, to purge, to clean and reorganize but I find the Pack/Load day to be the worse.  Not that I mind people packing up my worldly goods – I just rather do it myself (and get the insurance coverage..).  I find it hard to justify that we had two men fly up from Edmonton, stay over night in our Inns North (I’m hoping they shared a room) and then fly back this afternoon with all our goods on the plane.  It would have been so much easier to allow me to pack up my stuff over the last couple of days and have it placed on the plane.  Although, with that said I’m sure I’d be complaining about packing myself vs allowing someone to come in to pack for me.  C’est La Vie…

So after all the curling brooms and 4-bags of dog food are packed we end up with 35 boxes, approximately 15 boxes less than what we arrived with.  Like I said, I love to purge.

One big negative to all this, my house doesn’t feel like my home anymore – so I’m definitely ready to head to NS now!  4-days until we head home…5 days until I can grab a Grande Non-Fat Latte!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Tammy,
I've read your post and it was interesting for 2 reasons. You are coming to NS from NU and I am going to NU from NS! I am moving to Cambridge Bay at the end of the summer. Where are you moving to in NS? Are you from here?

Meldrum the Mover said...

It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us
Meldrum The Mover Inc.

Anonymous said...

Very helpful information regarding moving to san francisco.Thanks for sharing this stuff with us. I will share this information for my friends who want to shift another place.

Unknown said...


شركة تخزين العفش بالرياض والتي تقدم خدمات التخزين للمبتعثين حيث يبحث الكثير من العملاء سواء كانوا مبتعثين خارج المملكة او داخلها بدلا من دفع إيجار الشقة او الفيلا فقط دفع ايجار مستودع لتخزين الأثاث
مع ايجار شهري بسيط او عن شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض متخصصة مقارنة بإيجار الشقق أو الفلل
شركة نقل عفش بجدة
شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض
حيث أن معظم المبتعثين خارج المملكة اما للتعليم أو التوظيف يستمرون لفترات طويلة وكذلك موظفي الحكومة المنتقلين من محافظة الى محافظة اخري ونحن في ركن الاوائل نقدم أسعار مميزة جدا للتخزين لفترات طويلة لأهتمامنا بالحصول علي عملاء دائمين وإليك عميلنا العزيز نبذة عن عملنا في عملية تخزين الأثاث بالرياض التي تتم كالتالي :
شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض
مستودعات تخزين اثاث بالرياض