Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mentally prepared, I think not….

I’m usually a cool headed cucumber, I don’t worry or fret the small stuff or stress out at the littlest sign of defeat.  I take everything in stride…but there is one thing I wish I could control… SNOW.  Now don’t get me wrong, I love snow and a good snow storm. However…….

Last night, Hughie and I walked home from an evening of workout (boy am I stiff this morning, first official work out since returning from vacation is rough).  When we walked outside the detachment we were greeted by white cold little flakes falling from the sky.  Now, I don’t know why this surprised me, as we had snow on  June 21st (First official day of Summer & Aboriginal day) and a few days of flurries since we returned, but this snow was different.  It was sticky snow – there was snow on my front and back steps this morning.  Now, the sun is warming things up nicely so the snow is melting away as quick as it came.  Although, if you look out my front window you will see a scary sight.  The snow is still on the “mountains” which means, WINTER!

Time to dust off the parka, and give my toques a wash I may need them sooner than I thought.

No comments: