Thursday, December 11, 2008

Here Comes Santa Claus, Here Comes Santa Claus

"Right down Santa Claus Lane"

I am such a big kid, I have gifts sitting on my bed in the spare room and I'm so tempted to go have a peak - it is hard for me to not know what I have! I can hardly wait on Christmas Eve to go to bed, so I am able to wake up all the earlier the next morning to open my presents.

Christmas will be slightly different this year, from what I've been hearing Christmas is a huge event here in Kugaaruk. We are already starting to see it, tonight is Mens night at the local co-op and Women's night tomorrow night. Not sure what that includes but I may have to make an appearance - I think I saw there was some discounts on Toys; and Sekaya needs a new stuffed one for her christmas present. I will keep you all uptodate on my first Christmas in Kugaaruk; one thing that will be different is that Hughie will be on call for our first christmas here, not sure how busy the community will be; as long as no one got Smirnoff or the Captain in their stocking I'm sure things will be okay!

Speaking of which, our community is going to be continuing to be a DRY community. They had the vote over the weekend; along with that vote they had one to consider to bring a Northern Store to Kugaaruk and that as well was passed. I am very glad that the community will stay Dry, not just for Hughie but for the community as well. From what I see and hear drinking in this community never has a positive outcome. Although I will admit, I would have loved to have a bottle of wine with Christmas Supper.

I have officially started working out again, I did a 40+ minute Cardio/Strengthening and stretching workout today; and while I looked and felt like a dishrag I feel so much more like my old self - sitting around napping all day and sleeping in was messing with my head. So I'm going to attempt to do my workout at least 5/7 days per week and then hit the ellipitcal as much as possible to round out. Now if I can just get back into drinking my 8 glasses of water a day - I'm on about glass # 2 now and it is 3:00 in the afternoon.

I should get started on wrapping some presents; I will update you soon and keep you up to date on my first Christmas in Kugaaruk!

No comments: